Power of YU
Tradition of 69 years & Power of 215,000 Alumni
among regional private universities in the Korean University Evaluation(by Joongang Daily newspaper. 2010 ~ 2015)
|1st||the rate for passing the bar exam for the second straight year (2015~2016)|
|6th||CEOs in Korea's top 100 companies (2015)|
|6th||CEOs in Companies listed on KOSDAQ (2014)|
Yeungnam University keeps challenging endlessly for the nation, the region, and humanity, and is making a leap forward as a world-class and regional hub university, pursuing globalization and localization at the same time.
Yeungnam University will become a world-standard illustrious university based on its 69-year tradition.
- 16 congressmen in the 20th National Assembly
- 2 Heads of metropolitan Council, 1 superintendent of education,
19 Heads of the local government (the provincial elections of 2014)
- 1 Speaker of the National Assembly, 2 Justice of Supreme Court
- 10th in the number of Executives in Korea's top 10 companies
- ‘A’ rating, the highest rating in the ‘2015 University Structure Reform Evaluation’ by the Ministry of Education
- ‘Minister of Employment and Labor Award’ selected as the best university in the career development sector in 2015
- 3rd place in world for e-learning sector by the ‘The Wharton-QS Stars Reimagine Education Awards 2014’
- 'True Education Award of Korea' selected by the Journalists Federation of Korea in 2014
- The 1st 'Korean Education Donation Award' from the Ministry of Education in 2012
- The prize for 'University of the Year' at the 'Engineering Education Festa' in 2012
- Presidential Prize for 'Job Creation Assistance Program' in 2010
- The 1st Presidential Prize for 'Voluntary Work nationwide' in 2010
- Grand Prize for 'Innovation in Education' in 2010
- one of the top 10 Asian International Universities for the dramatic changes in global education of the new millennium by Asian Correspondant News Report(2001)
- Math and Computer Research Power 50th in the World, 1st in Korea (2016 Leiden Ranking)
- ranked 128th overall in Asia (22nd in the nation) in the 'QS 2016 Asian University Rankings'
- ranked 601-800 in the world(14th in the nation) in Times Higher Education(THE) World University Rankings 2015
- ranked 18th for the professor research sector, 9th for the number of citations in international theses, 14th in Engineering, 16th in Natural Science, 20th in Sociology and 26th in the humanities in the nation in the University Evaluations 2015 by Joongang Ilbo
- ranked 15th in the nation for the number of students studying abroad in 2014, according to the Academy Information officially provided by the Ministry of Education every year
Potential of YU
Making a greater tomorrow with audacious challenges!
Received $260,200,000 in Government Grants (2014.02)
|$37,400,000||LED-IT Fusion Technology Research center|
|$25,900,000||Green Energy Education & Research Center|
|$25,000,000||Respiratory Disease Center|
|$25,000,000||Leaders in Industry-University Cooperation(LINC) development Project|
|$20,400,000||Education Capacity Reinforcement Project|
|$13,800,000||Brain Korea 21 Plus (BK21 Plus) Project|
|$12,700,000||Center for Green Car Parts|
|$11,300,000||Project for Advancement for College Education(ACE)|
|$7,000,000||Project for World Class Universily(WCU)|
|$4,900,000||Human Resources Development(HRD) Agency|
|$3,000,000||Global Exchange Center|
|$3,000,000||TUV Rheinland Laboratory|
|$2,400,000||International Cooperation Pioneering University|
|$2,400,000||Solar Cell Materials and Process R&D Cultivation Program|
|$1,100,000||Design Convergence Frontier Center|
|$64,000,000||Other national Projects|
The faster changes occur or the more uncertain the future becomes, the more enthusiastic the spirit of YU will be in order to face challenges and overcome the limitations to be a greater university that makes the future.
YU keeps challenging for a brighter future.